Joan Warn

eXp Realty

Real Service in Real Estate

  • Cell: (604) 828-3369
This content requires the Adobe Flash Player and
a browser with JavaScript enabled.

What Legal Advice Do I Need?

When investing in a home, there are many issues that may require legal advice, such as title or ownership issues, tax issues, estate issues, the list goes on and on.  There are two options when choosing legal representation:  Lawyer or Notary Public.

What's the Difference?

The main difference between Lawyers and Notaries Public, regarding real estate transactions, is that a Notary cannot represent you in a court of law in a litigation, whereas a Lawyer can.  However, some Lawyers do not handle Real Estate Conveyancing, making a Notary a popular choice.

What Do They Do?

Your Lawyer or Notary Public of choice will take care of all the legal documentation of the transaction.  They will handle the transferring of funds from the Purchaser's mortgage provider to the Seller, the transfer of the title of the property with the provincial Land Titles Office, calculate the adjustments for Property Taxes, remit provincial and or federal taxes on the sale and much more.  We work very closely with your legal representative to ensure a seamless transition into your new home.
If you would like a list of qualified legal representatives, email me, give me a call, or jump to my list of Preferred Professionals.
The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the MLS® Reciprocity program of either the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver (REBGV), the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) or the Chilliwack and District Real Estate Board (CADREB). Real estate listings held by participating real estate firms are marked with the MLS® logo and detailed information about the listing includes the name of the listing agent. This representation is based in whole or part on data generated by either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB which assumes no responsibility for its accuracy. The materials contained on this page may not be reproduced without the express written consent of either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB.